By Bkra shis bzang po
Marriage customs and comparable oral traditions in Bang smad Village, Bang smad Township, Nyag rong County, Dkar mdzes Tibetan self sufficient Prefecture, Sichuan Province, China. Villagers communicate the poorly documented Mi nyag language are documented, delivering particular linguistic and ethnographic facts, together with a Mi nyag-English thesaurus, maps exhibiting the distribution of Mi nyag-speaking groups, and diverse full-color photos of village existence and marriage ceremony festivities. Of targeted curiosity are the transcribed marriage ceremony speeches in the neighborhood given in Mi nyag and Tibetan.
Audio relating to this e-book are available at: http://www.oralliterature.org/collections/bkrashis001.html
Read Online or Download ASIAN HIGHLANDS PERSPECTIVES Volume 14: May All Good Things Gather Here - Life, Religion, and Marriage in a Mi nyag Tibetan Village PDF
Similar asian books
Because it used to be first released greater than 40 years in the past, resources of eastern culture, quantity 2, has been thought of the authoritative sourcebook for readers and students attracted to Japan from the eighteenth century to the post-World struggle II interval. Now drastically elevated to incorporate the whole 20th century, and starting in 1600, resources of eastern culture offers writings from smooth Japan's most vital philosophers, non secular figures, writers, and political leaders.
Indra Levy introduces a brand new archetype within the examine of recent eastern literature: the "Westernesque femme fatale," an beautiful determine who's ethnically eastern yet inspires the West in her actual visual appeal, way of life, habit, and, most crucial, her use of language. She performed conspicuous roles in landmark works of contemporary jap fiction and theater.
The authors use significant new documentary assets, together with cables and letters among Mao Zedong and Stalin, to inform for the 1st time the interior tale of the construction of the Sino-Soviet alliance and the origins of the Korean warfare.
This distinct, chronological learn investigates the increase of the ecu fascination with the chinese as much as 1615. through meticulously investigating a variety of fundamental assets, Dinu Luca identifies a rhetorical continuum uniting the land of the Seres, Cathay, and China in a tropology of silence, imaginative and prescient, and writing.
- Religious resurgence and politics in the contemporary world
- The Floracrats: State-Sponsored Science and the Failure of the Enlightenment in Indonesia (New Perspectives in Se Asian Studies)
- Asian Digital Libraries. Looking Back 10 Years and Forging New Frontiers: 10th International Conference on Asian Digital Libraries, ICADL 2007, Hanoi, Vietnam, December 10-13, 2007. Proceedings
- Asian Entreprenuerial Minorities: Conjoint Communities in the Making of the World Economy, 1570-1940
Extra info for ASIAN HIGHLANDS PERSPECTIVES Volume 14: May All Good Things Gather Here - Life, Religion, and Marriage in a Mi nyag Tibetan Village
107. 6a-b. 12 allan h. 22 Unlike late Ming practitioners of the classical tale, Pu Songling tends to eschew the customary ambiguity of the classical tale, achiev-ing precise definition through the rich use of detail. In the opening to ‘Gengniang,’ for example, he demonstrates the attention to detail and the concern for smooth transitions that are a hallmark of the vernacular medium. Jin Dayong was the heir of an old Henan family. He was betrothed to the daughter of a Prefect You. Her name was Gengniang, and she was both beautiful and able.
Such comments are most often attached to Pu’s longer and more complex stories. Pu Songling’s ‘Danan’ is a story full of plot twists that bears some similarities to Li Yu’s ‘Shengwo lou’: like Li’s story, it is concerned with the series of events that leads up to a son’s reunion with his long-lost parents. 1569). Here, as in Li Yu’s comments, one can detect a note of self-congratulation. Pu’s tale ‘Qingmei,’ meanwhile, is reminiscent of Li Yu’s story ‘Fuyun lou’ (The cloud-scraper), detailing the com-plex series of events that allows scholar Zhang to marry both the resourceful maid Qingmei and the beautiful Miss A Xi.
In ‘Hu jia nü’ (A fox marriage), for example, the following passage is found as the story’s hero, boldly accepting a dare, prepares to spend the night in a haunted house: When he entered, he saw that sedge-grass had invaded the pathways. Artemisia and mugwort were growing as densely as hemp. 1113). 17 See Di wu caizi shu Shi Nai’an Shuihu zhuan (Zhengzhou: Zhongzhou guji chubanshe, 1985), 15: 251-58. See also Wang Linshu, “Tan Shuihu yu Liaozhai,” Pu Songling yanjiu 4, 1991: 101-2. 18 Di wu caizi shu, 5: 121-22.