By R. Douglas Collins
The maze of neuroanatomy, symptomatology, and neurologic syndromes could be formidable to the first care practitioner. sufferers are frequently quick said a consultant or subjected to a variety of dear diagnostic tests.
With this transparent and sensible reference, you are going to deal with the demanding situations of neurologic analysis and administration on the fundamental care level—with uncomplicated illustrated information on neuroanatomy, actual exam, the neurologic workup, diagnostic exams, differential analysis, and remedy options.
Begin your trip from complexity to clarity.
- In-depth coverage addresses a number of typically encountered neurologic issues, displaying you what to appear for, what checks to reserve, and the way the consequences have an effect on your remedy choices.
- Abundant, colourful illustrations assist you comprehend severe neuroanatomy and realize clinically major anomalies.
- Synopses of etiology, prognosis, and treatment for every affliction provide the info you must comprehend and tackle the patient's problem.
- Differential analysis of neurologic indicators and signs are addressed, including the work-up of every symptom and sign—all prepared in alphabetical order for simple reference.
- Case studies convey the ailments to existence through highlighting salient gains to assist hone your actual exam and diagnostic skills.
- Useful appendices define extra distinctive exam recommendations, laboratory workup for neurologic signs, and remedy guidance for every disease.
- Thorough references advisor you to assets that handle infrequent issues and debatable diagnostic approaches now not coated within the text.
- Handy glossary offers a fingertip connection with conventional terms.
Before you evaluation your subsequent patient...be definite this imperative reference is on your arms. Order your replica today!
Read or Download Atlas of neurologic diagnosis and treatment PDF
Best diagnosis books
This name within the swift prognosis in Ophthalmology sequence offers a wealth of full-color photographs - in addition to differential diagnoses - in side-by-side web page layouts to help you in opting for an entire variety of retinal issues. A templated layout expedites entry to the counsel you want to diagnose the commonest retinal stipulations - from easy to complicated - encountered in perform.
Every one quantity within the Early Detection and remedy of melanoma sequence is full of sensible, authoritative info designed to hide the whole variety of diagnostic tactics, together with pathologic, radiologic, bronchoscopic, and surgical facets. you possibly can make sure the most secure, shortest, least invasive solution to succeed in a correct analysis; level the affliction; and select the simplest preliminary remedy for early levels.
Designed as a diagnostic device for non-neurologists or first-year neurology citizens, this pocket consultant comprises the main crucial details from the best-selling DeJong's The Neurologic exam, 6th variation. integrated are step by step directions for every level of the neurologic exam, a variety of illustrations depicting exam ideas, and regularly used assessments and scales equivalent to the Boston Naming try out, Glasgow Coma Scale, and Denver Scale of conversation functionality.
- Bond Graphs for Modelling, Control and Fault Diagnosis of Engineering Systems
- Cleft Lip and Palate: Diagnosis and Management
- Iron Metabolism, Anemias. Diagnosis and Therapy: Novel concepts in the anemias of renal and rheumatoid disease
- Three lectures [Lecture notes]
- Postmortem: How Medical Examiners Explain Suspicious Deaths
- CURRENT Diagnosis & Treatment in Rheumatology, Second Edition
Extra info for Atlas of neurologic diagnosis and treatment
MRI of the spinal cord (herniated disc, tumor, multiple sclerosis) 8. MRI of the brain (space-occupying lesion, cerebrovascular disease, multiple sclerosis) 9. Somatosensory evoked potentials (multiple sclerosis) 10. ) 11. Spinal tap (multiple sclerosis, neurosyphilis) 12. Heavy metal screen (neuropathy) 13. 37 Photophobia Photophobia is sensitivity of the eyes to light. The lesion is usually located in the eye itself, but photophobia may be caused by a systemic disorder. In the history, is (are) there: 1.
Consider congestive heart failure. 4. Abnormal neurologic findings? Consider poliomyelitis, Shy-Drager syndrome, brainstem tumor, or basilar artery insufficiency. Diagnostic Workup 1. Complete blood count (anemia) 2. Arterial blood gases (emphysema, pulmonary fibrosis, congestive heart failure) 3. Spirometry (emphysema, pulmonary fibrosis) 4. Echocardiography (congestive heart failure) 5. Polysomnography (obstructive and central sleep apnea) 6. Otolaryngologic consultation 7. Pulmonologic consultation 8.
Paraplegia with cranial nerve signs? This suggests a brainstem lesion. 4. A sensory level? Consider spinal cord tumor or syringomyelia. 5. Hypoactive reflexes of the involved extremity or extremities? If there is recent trauma or stroke, hypoactive reflexes are to be expected. However, if the onset has been more insidious, suspect Friedreich's ataxia or pernicious anemia. Diagnostic Workup 1. Complete blood count (infection, pernicious anemia) 2. Sedimentation rate (infection) 3. Venereal Disease Research Laboratory (VDRL) test (neurosyphilis) 4.